The ARCEM 350N HEMA Jacket is the new version of our well known Black Armoury V1 Jacket.
After a year of additional research and development and a 6 month pause in production to “get it right”, the revised jackets are now available to order – at the same price as Version 1.
Upgrades to Version 2 include:
- Left Zipper standard
- CE and 350N ratings throughout
- Higher quality tear restart outer fabrics:
- Cotton-polyester blend
- Abrasion resistant
- “Gym Rot” resistant (higher strength over time)
- Highest quality industry standard YKK Coil zipper
- Full length Velcro closure to protect the zipper
- Revised padding material:
- Reduced bulk, while maintaining impact protection
- Increased breathability
- Synthetic anti-allergen wadding
- Now machine washable
- Reduced bulk of the over-bib collar
- Computer controlled precision stitching, with double stitching at all key points
- Updated stitching pattern to maintain mobility while increasing resistance
- An extended palette of available colors
- Lower additional cost for full custom sizing
The ARCEM range of jackets focuses on two things – maximum mobility and maximum throat and neck protection.
The mobility is achieved through precise contoured stitching of the shoulders and back, allowing the padded jacket to move freely with the wearer. This mobility is accentuated by close-fitting forearms, which, with the collar system, “tie” the jacket to the wearer at three points (forearms and neck) with the rest of the jacket slightly “floating” around the body. This solution – while inspired by examples of fit and assembly found in XIVth century pourpoints – is still unique in contemporary HEMA clothing.
Our most unique contribution (now copied but never matched) is the collar, which is designed to close over the mask bib.
We had three criteria in designing the collar :
- That it offer maximum protection of the neck and lower face in both thrust and cut,
- That it be easy and fast to open and close with gloved hands for sparing and tournament “breathers”,
- That it unify the mask and jacket into a single protective unit without hindering combat movement (once broken in).
Because it is worn outside the mask gives double protection from thrusts to the front – collar plus mask bib.More uniquely, and not present on competing over-bib collars, it provides protection of the neck, all around, from strikes.
The collar has three blade catchers (front and both sides) that extend to behind the ears. It is designed so that the only possible blade passage inside the jacket at the neck must be a thrust from below and behind the wearer, ensuring that in such a rare instance, the point is in any case moving away from the body.
The collar can be opened, without having to unzip the jacket, to let off heat and raise the mask. With just a little practice, it is a simple matter to re-close the collar, even with heavy combat gloves.
You can now custom order the ARCEM HEMA Jacket with 800N fabric.
CE and 800N ratings throughout!
Our sizes are numbered 0 to 4 with sizes zero, one, two and three as standard. Size 4 is available by special order – please contact us.
We can produce each size as a “Long” version, which adds 6 cm to the length of the jacket and the sleeves.(+10€)
Sizes 1, 2 and 3 correspond roughly to S, M and L . Size zero is just under a size S.
Our jacket however fits differently to other jackets, so it’s best to retake your measurements from our chart (see custom jacket sizing photo below.)
Our basic color is black.
The jackets are available in other standard colors for an additional fee.
Bi-color options are also available (see Color Option Photo below).